June 28, 2007

TT #17


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
13 Things I've heard:


1. In Lebanon , men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the animals must be female. Having sexual relations with a male animal is punishable by death.

2. In Bahrain , a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals, but is prohibited from looking directly at them during the examination. He may only see their reflection in a mirror.

3. Muslims are banned from looking at the genitals of a corpse. This also applies to undertakers. The sex organs of the deceased must be covered with a brick or piece of wood at all times.

4. The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation.

5. Butterflies taste with their feet.

6. In Hong Kong , a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. The husband's illicit lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired.

7. Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool , England - but only in tropical fish stores.

8. In Cali , Colombia , a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act.

9. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

10. Turtles can breathe through their butts.

11. Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.

12. Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour (Man, If this is true, Im not going to hold back anymore!).

13. In Maryland , it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception: Prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only "in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises."

33 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow if I lived in Hong Kong, I think I would have to take some serious martial art training so that in case my husband ever cheated on me then I'd be prepared to kill him bare handed! And his lover too!

Tilly Greene said...

Wow, Hong Kong, who'd a thunk it! These were fabulous darlin'...butterflies tasting with their feet makes a weird sort of sense.

Mom not Mum said...

So, how do they know this about Turtles? lol

Alasandra said...

I didn't know butterflies taste with their feet.

Jodi said...

Interesting!

Have a great Thursday!

Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

Oh. My. Word. #'s 1 & 8: ewwwww!
#'s 3, 4, & 6: Yow...

Darla said...

I'm not so sure about #12--I should be losing weight if that's true! ;-)

Fun list!

Shannon said...

I love these kinds of facts! I'm with Mom not Mum how did they find out that turtles can breath through their butts?? Great list and your pictures on the right are beautiful!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

You seem to have sex on your mind this week, Lori. What's up with that?

*grin*

Raven Paranormal Blog said...

This is a GREAT list! Love trivia stuff!

Michelle M Pillow said...

AWESOME LIST!

Beth said...

That's one of the best list I have read.

Violet said...

Some of those are just scary!

Rhonda Stapleton said...

Wow, what's crazy talk! Those are WILD rules...thanks for sharing!!

Christine d'Abo said...

This is strange...but cool all at the same time. Hong Kong...interesting.

Amelia June said...

Hm, there's a wall with my name on it somewhere.

Dolphins have always seemed to be having more fun...

Qtpies7 said...

Oh my goodness those were a mixture of funny and completely shocking!
Turtles can breathe out of their butts! Hysterical! Why don't they show that on the animal planet???

The Rock Chick said...

This list, besides being funny, is actually quite interesting. It always amazes me what people worry about. You'd think if someone were having sexual relations with an animal that might be a tad bit more concerning than the actual gender of the animal. Oh boy!!

I love #6 and why would anyone have topless saleswomen in a tropical fish store? Oh wait!!!! Maybe they hire mermaids :)

Loved your list!
Jessica The Rock Chick

Thomma Lyn said...

Ai yi yi! Absolutely fascinating facts there! I read them out loud to my hubby, and he enjoyed your list, too.

Happy TT, and thanks for visiting mine!

L^2 said...

Wow, I guess it's true you learn something new every day! Actually, I'd heard a few of these before, like the butterfly one...

Thanks for visiting my TT! :-)

katherine. said...

Love #6

Question #11

and #8...scares me to death....both as a mother and a daughter...

JAM said...

Holy cow! This is one freaky world we live in, isn't it?

I had heard of the butterfly feet thing. It still sounds strange.

Not to be too crude, but about #4, which head gets cut off?

I'm glad my wife and I didn't honeymoon in Cali, Colombia. Hving my mother in law there would have surely ruined the mood, ya know?

Pen said...

I think I know a few people who must be part turtle! ;)

Thank goodness I don't live in Cali , Colombia! Mother in the room the first time -- YUCK!!

Happy TTing! Thank you for stopping by my TT!

Robin said...

Topless saleswomen in tropical fish stores of all places? I couldn't even begin to hazard a guess...

ancsweetnsassygal said...

I think that Hong Kong law should apply in America too. Would be interesting to see if the # of cheating husbands dropped. Great TT ist of info. Thanks for visiting my TT. Happy Thursday!

FRIGGA said...

Interesting list - Happy TT13!

Jinger said...

VERY interesting list.

JJ

Amy Ruttan said...

#7 was hilarious! What makes them think, well I sell tropical fish therefore I must be topless.

I guess I won't be buying tropical fish in Liverpool.

gabriella hewitt said...

Wherever did you "hear" this stuff? And having mom in the room that first time, who would be able to perform? Ick!

Nicholas said...

I'd take some of these with a pinch of salt if I were you! Or a great big handful! Hong Kong was under British law until 10 years ago and no one was permitted to kill anyone for adultery. I can't see the new regime suddenly legalisisng that. And I'll ask my Indonesian friends if they have risked execution!

Wylie Kinson said...

Wow - simultaneous laughs and jaw drops. Well done!
I do have to disagree on one fact - Bonobo monkeys have a ton of sex, all for fun. Entire documentaries have been made on their 'shagging' routines.
And the turtle one has me shaking my head. I worked in an aquarium - we studied Greens and Loggerheads and I must say I never came across that particular fact. But it's a good one! :D

Kimo & Sabi said...

How many calories do you fink is used by baody slammin' on our beans bedroom door?

Tink said...

Amazing list... I love this kind of trivia!
Thanks for visiting my random TT. Sorry I'm this late in responding, been quite busy the last days.