August 23, 2007

Traffic…no wonder there is road rage.

I don’t know how many of you live in Southern California, but I am here to tell you, the traffic sucks! They recently added a new lane to the freeway I take home, which everyone thought was “GREAT”, then they took another lane away. The longer I sit in traffic, the more I think about the things that need to be done, and the angrier I get. I have seen congress pass bills that are suppose to help our traffic nightmare yet nothing appears to be getting better. I wonder how much of our life is wasted sitting in a car, inhaling the exhaust fumes from someone else’s tail pipe?? I'm a single parent and I'm a Mom. The list of things that need to be done is never ending, yet daily, I find myself wasting time waiting…always waiting. I remember 10 years ago when traffic was only something that happened in Los Angeles, now, it's everywhere. You know, the people that really irritate me the most are the cell phone talkers. 9 times out of 10, when I'm driving behind an idiot in the fast lane doing 55, they are on the cell phone. I spent 45 minutes going about 15 miles yesterday thanks to traffic. Where is all of our money going to improve the roads?? I looked onto the California website to see what is being done and here is what I found:

BALLOT TITLE & SUMMARY
HIGHWAY SAFETY, TRAFFIC REDUCTION,
AIR QUALITY, AND PORT SECURITY BOND ACT OF 2006.


• Makes safety improvements and repairs to state highways; upgrades freeways to reduce congestion; repairs local streets and roads; upgrades highways along major transportation corridors.

• Improves seismic safety of local bridges.

• Expands public transit.

• Helps complete the state’s network of car pool lanes.

• Reduces air pollution.

• Improves anti-terrorism security at shipping ports.

• Provides for a bond issue not to exceed nineteen billion nine hundred twenty-five million dollars ($19,925,000,000).

• Appropriates money from the General Fund to pay off bonds.


OK...So, when are we going to notice a change?? I realize this was only devised last year but they have been making our lives miserable for at least 5 years trying to fix what we have. I thought propositions were suppose to expedite the process. There are more people living here now that there was before and it’s not going to get better. I have multiple errands to run on any given day and where do I find myself?? Sitting in traffic!! I cant wait until I can move out of California…this place is WAY too overrated!! The pic below was taken today on my way home from work.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


1 comment:

Unknown said...

breathe deep !!!!