April 8, 2009

TT #91


Photobucket


13 things to remember about remodeling a house.

1. This too shall pass.

2. A year from now, it will all be a memory.

3. Having a dishwasher will be a wonderful thing.

4. The dust CAN be cleaned up again, and again, and again.

5. The contractors in your house are only temporary.

6. You wanted this.

7. It will be beautiful when its done.

8. Out with the old and in with the new.

9. New appliances are beautiful.

10. You might even want to cook in the kitchen after its done....it could happen!

11. Your family and friends will be envious.

12. At least its not Summer. The temperature is perfect for remodeling.

13. It could always be worse.


Photobucket
My Kitchen today



14 comments:

Jen said...

You should hang these on your fridge....just kidding!! Good luck with the remodeling!! Fabulous!!

SJ Reidhead said...

You forgot to mention it isn't smart to have your 18 year old "niece" help paint your kitchen AFTER the new floor is down. At least it was only a quart of lavender paint that spilled on it!

I feel your pain, trust me.

SJR
The Pink Flamingo
http://www.thepinkflamingoblog.com/thirteen-things-ive-done-since-my-last-tt/

Chris said...

wow... thanks for the list. i will remember this when we remodel our house! :D

janetfaye said...

I remember when I had remodeling done on my house and there were a lot of days that I think I cried but it was worth it!

Hootin Anni said...

Great idea for a list. My 13 is posted. Have a terrific Thursday.

#4 seems to apply at my place too, and I'm not remodeling...why's that? Dust is a never ending phenomenon.

anthonynorth said...

I've lived through two major house refurbishments. It's no fun.

Tracey said...

Love your list!! Happy Thursday!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the finished product. It will bs soooo worth it. Happy T13!

Carver said...

Those are good things to remember. Remodeling can be a major pain but it's nice when finished. Good Luck!

Gattina said...

Yes, that's very true ! it always can be worse, lol ! Good luck !

PMKU said...

WOW - I can't even imagine. I can't wait to see the after photo! Happy TT.

The Gal Herself said...

Good luck! I'm saving toward my first major remodeling projects (bathroom and kitchen) and I'm as scared of the disruption as I am the cost!

Auntie Q said...

Loved #4! :)

Nicholas said...

Once you have a dishwasher you'll wonder how you ever did without one!