June 5, 2009

UP 2009...what a great movie!!


Photobucket



Last weekend, DBF Michael and I went and saw the movie UP. Not to mention, we did the 3D version. Wow, what awesome graphics. The story started out a little dark so I wasn't sure where they were going to go from there. It didn't take long before I realized they were going straight up!! There were tons of laughs throughout the movie. Although, I wouldn't expect anything less from Pixar. I don't think I have heard Michael laugh that hard at a movie in a very long time. We went without children (well, I only have a 17 year old left at home so technically without my child) and I was surprised that the majority of the viewers were adults.

If you haven't seen the previews, here is a brief description of what the story is based on. By tying thousands of balloon to his home, 78-year-old Carl Fredricksen sets out to fulfill his lifelong dream to see the wilds of South America. Right after lifting off, however, he learns he isn't alone on his journey, since Russell, a wilderness explorer 70 years his junior, has inadvertently become a stowaway on the trip. They come across some funny and evil characters along the way. The way it all tied(no pun intended) together was perfect. I would definitely give this movie two thumbs up. This is one we will definitely add to our movie collection.

1 comment:

Roni said...

Best movie I've seen in years!! I loved that movie =]