July 2, 2009

Nutrisystem works. I lost 55 pounds!!

Photobucket
Each one equals 1 lb of fat then multiply it by 55


I started Nutrisystems last October and had lost 48 pounds by April. I was getting burned out on the food so I decided to try things on my own. In 2 months I've lost an addition 7 pounds. To date, I am keeping it off. The scale hasnt gone down in a couple weeks but it's not going up either. To get a true concept of what 55 pounds of fat looks like, I surfed the net. I found a picture of 100 pounds of fat and I cut it in half. When you look at it sprawled on a table (that is 50 pounds in the picture above), it looks pretty massive. I remember Oprah losing a bunch of weight a few years back so I went on her site to see if there was a picture. Do you remember when she wheeled out a wagon full of the weight she had lost? It was 67 pounds. So I guess I have lost a little less than a wagon full, or 12 pounds less than whats in the wagon.


Photobucket
(Oprah in a size 10)

Many people will say Nutrisystems doesnt work, they hate the food, or the company is a rip off. I didnt have any bad experiences. The only adjustment was my will power and my portions. If you follow their plan, you WILL lose weight. Dont forget your water. Is the food gourmet? No. Isnt gourmet food what got me where I was to begin with? OK, maybe not gourmet but definitely fast food. We ate out quite a bit and I never drank water. I tend to be a stress eater so I was always munching. I had no one to blame but myself. I must confess, I was scared to go off the plan because I thought I would gain it all back. It appears, I actually learned something. In the 7 months I was on Nutrisystems I taught myself how to say no, to walk away from temptation, and to get daily exercise. I have substituted their food for lean cuisine. I still drink my water and get exercise at least 5 times a week.

It cost me $234 a month to be on the Nutrisystems flex plan. I ate their food during the week and was on my own during the weekend. I think thats what helped me stay on the plan, if I had to do it 7 days a week I would have quit. I went from a size 26 to a 14. I even have 1 size 12 pants so it can be done. I have finally lost the 54 pounds I gained with my first pregnancy 21 years ago. I feel great. My energy level is so high now, its actually funny. And another thing I noticed, I was always hot before. The fan on my desk at work was constantly running. Now, I never use my fan and I rarely get overheated. Its amazing how my life and attitude have changed.


Dont give up on yourself if you really want to lose weight. It can be done. For all those people that bad mouth Nutrisystems, I want you to know that I am their biggest fan.

6 comments:

skywind said...

Oh, 55 pounds have that many. my…

Hepburn Hilton said...

Congratulations! You must feel so proud of yourself! Great accomplishment!!

Euroangel said...

wow..I wish I could get back my 55 kilos 6 years ago....i'm still trying but i love to cook and to eat..wink!!
Euro Travel
Explore Germany
Discover USA
Euroangel Graffiti

Euroangel said...

congratulations...great job!

Publish your passions said...

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! nutrisystem lean 22

Unknown said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it. nutrisystem lean 13