February 13, 2007

Im a proud Military Mom!

This blog is a dedication to all the military Mom's out there. My son is currently stationed in Spain, he just arrived Sunday. I don't know about you but the thought of my 18 year old son in another country is kinda scary. I'm so proud of him but scared for him at the same time. Who would have thought that this child, who was so rebellious for 2 years, would end up serving our country?? He went from a kid that was in trouble with the law constantly to becoming a Military Cop. Now isn't that ironic? I don't know how many of you out there are having problems with your teenagers, but I want you to know, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Once they get out on their own, the change is remarkable. My son was always good, down inside, he just went into hiding for a few years. Don't give up hope. I know what its like to want to give up but you cant. You keep pushing, and if they push back, you push harder. Kids need structure and guidance. The last thing they need is to be left alone. I'm living proof that you can survive the teenage years, although I still have a 15 year old at home, after the first child, I can survive anything:) Now, I have a son that is fighting for our country. How noble is that?? I'm a proud mother in more ways than one.

No comments: