April 28, 2008

The Break Up

I was watching a movie the other night that seemed very true to life with regards to relationships and break ups. Its not the first time Ive watched it but it seems to get the same response from me every time I do. The movie is called The Break Up. Gary (Vince Vaughn) and Brooke (Jennifer Aniston) are a mismatched couple who meet, develop a seemingly contented relationship, and buy a beautiful condo together. Soon an all-too-believable fight triggers the title event, and they spend the rest of the movie alternately arguing and playing mind games as they battle over ownership of their beloved condo and try to decide whether or not they really want this to be the end. Some of the arguments they get into and the things that they go thru made me have a bit of Deja Vu'. Its funny, when you sit back and look at a situation from the outside, you get a whole different perspective. I know this was only a movie, but it was really well done. It makes you wonder how two people, who once loved each other very much, can turn into complete enemies. When you fall in love with someone, all you want to do is make them happy. I don't understand how it can go from one extreme to the other in the blink of an eye, well, sometimes multiple years but you know what I mean. I recommend this film and I wouldn't necessarily call it a chick flick. In my eyes, they did a great job.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great movie. Hubby and I both liked it. :)

Pat R said...

the Break Up ended up being a lot less happy-go-lucky than i expected... funny at times, but depressing over all