February 9, 2009

My new favorite store.....

I have been on nutrisystems since October of last year. Since starting the plan, I am down almost 40 pounds. I cant tell you how good it feels. The best part you ask??? Shopping!!! I have discovered this store that I had only ventured into once in the past 5 years. I decided to give it another shot because I was in desperate need of some new dresses for work. My coworkers make it a daily ritual to tell me that I am drowning in my clothes so I figured it was time to spend a little cash. Don't get me wrong, I consider what they say a compliment but it did remind me of how frumpy I was looking wearing clothes that were 4 sizes too big. Its funny, some of those coworkers are asking me for advise on weight loss. I have become their motivation to get healthy and I think thats great.

Photobucket


When I went to the Dress Barn the first time, I found myself going back for a smaller size! I had speculated the size but was off in a good way. It felt like a stranger was staring back at me in the mirror. Everything looked great. Another 17 pounds and I will be down to the weight I was when I got pregnant with my first son. That has never happened. I came close once before but never made it. I have set a goal for myself. When my son comes home from Iraq in May, I want to weigh what I did 21 years ago. I think, at this point, that can be a very realistic dream come true. If you haven't checked out the Dress Barn, you really should look them up. I have gotten wonderful compliments on my choices and the clothes are so cute. That was the incentive I needed to take me to the home stretch. Thank you Dress Barn for making me feel beautiful in your clothes. Thank you Nutrisystems for helping me get there, and last but not least, thank you to my friends, family, and DBF Michael for all the love you show me on a daily basis. You are all my inspiration!!!

No comments: