September 26, 2008

Attitude

Attitude is what I get every time I ask my teenager to do something. Whether it be mowing the lawn, picking up his trash, or helping around the house. Why? Teenagers today have it made. When I was young, you never seen kids as disrespectful as they are today. Don't get me wrong, my son is not disrespectful, he just has an excuse for EVERYTHING. What happened to earning your keep? I don't give him attitude when I make him breakfast in the morning, or do his laundry. I don't even give him attitude when I have to make a run to the grocery store because we are out of his favorite oatmeal. Just once, Id love to ask him to do something and not get excuses as to why it cant be done. Ive been raising kids a long time. Now that I'm down to the wire, just one more year to go, it's getting a little harder to take. I find myself counting the months, waiting for my freedom. Does that make me a bad parent? I don't think so. It make's me human. All my life I have been catering to others, I cant wait for my day to come. I love my boys with all my heart. That being said, I cant wait to have BOTH of them on their own making the best of what life has to offer. I'm going to need a lot of patience this coming year because my baby needs a heavy duty reality check. No one will ever take care of him like his Mama so he better prepare himself!

No comments: