June 13, 2008

A.C.E.S.

As most of you know, I have had my struggles with collecting child support. I hired Supportkids to help and that was a big mistake on my part. I have paid them 34% of my child support for the last 6 years. There have been fellow bloggers that have come to my aide to help with my continuing fight to terminate the contract between myself and Supportkids. Alot of parents hire them because they are in dire straights and don't know what to do. Thanks to That Crazy Mom and Jeni, I decided to look into a website called A.C.E.S., which stands for: The Association for Children, for Enforcement of Support. What a great website! It has everything you can imagine that you would need to start your battle. I wish I would have known about this site before I hired Supportkids. It gives you statistics, resources, forms, information on grants, the latest legislation regarding child support, your local and federal offices information along with their policies and who to contact. A.C.E.S. is a godsend to parents who feel they have no place to turn. I was also given information from Mommy2, (who doesn't have a blog set up) for people who are currently in their own battle with Supportkids. She stated that you should write to the Texas Department of Banking, which regulates private collection agencies. Their address is:

Texas Department of Banking
2601 North Lamar Blvd.
Austin, TX 78705

(512) 475-1300
(877) 276-5554

You can also write to the department which investigates and monitors these companies.

Consumer Protection and Public Health Division
Office of the Attorney General
P.O. Box 12548, Austin, Texas 78711-2548.

Its amazing what you can find out if you simply ask for help. I give thanks to all three of these wonderful women who have come forward with their stories, information, and experiences. If anyone else has something that they know or want to share regarding child support dilemmas or Supportkid headaches, please feel free to let me know. I not only share this information on my blog but also the people at Divorce360. If we all stand united for a cause, the voice of the people just might be heard.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: