June 16, 2008

Im Sorry

“I’m sorry” are two of the most over used words in the English language, in my opinion. When you hurt someone you are supposed to say you’re sorry (if you’re decent). “I slept with someone else but boy am I sorry." So, are they sorry they did it or that they got caught? Probably a little of both. Saying things to people to make them feel better when you don’t really mean it isn’t right. Doing something like cheating or betrayal and thinking a simple apology will suffice isn’t right either. How do you know if a person is blowing smoke up your rear or not? My oldest son was a master at lieing. I wanted so badly to believe him and he let me down every time. You can judge a person by their character but what if they are just a great liar? Trusting people is so hard. You want to believe in other people, making you vulnerable, but what if you have been burned so many times you just can’t trust anyone? Actions speak louder than words. If you continue to lie and then follow it up with “I’m sorry”, it has no meaning at all. If you constantly say hateful things to people but follow it up with an apology, what’s the sense? Abusers do that, it’s what they master. However, people you love and trust do that too. I don’t think those two words should be a “get out of jail” free card. My belief, don’t do things that make you have to say it in the first place. It’s so hard to trust people anyway; Lord only knows the emotional baggage most of us carry around nowadays, especially into our 40’s. You think by then we should know better, but we don’t. You never get past the hope and faith that giving your love to someone won’t be a mistake. I think they should come up with another phrase besides “I'm sorry” because its so overused and has lost the plot by many along the way. "Love means never having to say your sorry." Does that mean if you love someone you wont do anything to hurt them or if someone loves you they know you didnt mean what you said or did? Im confused.

4 comments:

Chelle Y. said...

Instead of saying, "I am sorry," you could say, "I was (am) wrong. Please forgive me." That is more humbling. :)

Hue Reviews said...

I agree with Chelle...b/c when you say i'm sorry, that just leaves it open for me to say "Damn right you're sorry..a sorry *add sorted language here*"

Ebony TyShell said...

Whenever someone says those famous words to me my, response is, "Dont be sorry, be right?

Lori said...

Oh...I like that response. Very good ebony:)Im gonna use that next time.