Stuffed Bell Peppers
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
* 1 cup water
* 6 green bell peppers
* 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
3. Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
4. In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
5. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
Let it cool a bit and enjoy. Serve with a side salad and some garlic bread.