December 29, 2007

Almost back to normal

Well, my oldest son left yesterday. I miss him terribly already. While he was growing up we didnt see eye to eye most of the time, which is pretty common between parents and teenagers. I didnt agree with many of the things he did but I always loved his sense of humor. That kid could always make me laugh, heck, he still can. It was a little harder to shut his bedroom door this time. Maybe its because this was the most time I have spent with him in quite a while. I was fortunate enough to take vacation the same time he did so we had some alone time together. I really like the man that he has become. I still dont approve of everything that he does but I think that he is going to be OK. He has an unrelenting drive to succeed (just like his mama). No more empty water bottles to pick up, the laundry pile has gone down considerably, and my food bill will be cut in half. Still, I wouldnt have had it any other way. I wish the best for both of my boys, and as a single mother, I think Ive done a pretty good job!

1 comment:

katherine. said...

as a single Mama...sometimes I look back and say "whew! I did okay!" smile.