October 11, 2008

Nutrisystems

I am employed by Divorce 360. I blog for them and in return, they pay me for my expertise on divorce, dating, and being a single parent. Recently, we were asked if any of us wanted to lose weight and if we were willing to participate in what they had to offer. I quickly responded, "Heck Ya." Three of us were chosen to evaluate Nutrisystems. They are going to pay for a months worth of food, and we in return blog about it. What a concept! You watch all of the celebrities on TV singing the praises of Jenny Craig and Nutrisystems, but does it really work? I know alot of it is in their food, but also, its about portion sizes. I think you eat 6 times a day.

During the week, this will be a piece of cake, (mmmmmmmmm, cake) but on the weekends it will be a little tougher. Usually we don't eat breakfast until almost noon and our dinner at about 7. Trying to remember to not only eat 6 times a day, but to drink 8 glasses of water, may take a little adjusting. I have to admit, I considered doing this before but just wasnt sure if it was worth the money. My goal, to feel comfortable naked. Its a real mental thing with me. I never really had an issue before but I have found in the past couple of years, my self esteem isn't what it should be. I use to walk into a room and glow, now I try not to draw attention to myself. Of course, Ive never been the life of the party but I haven't been one to sit in the corner either. I want to feel good about who I am for ME. And no one else. This is a great opportunity and I would be a fool to pass it up. So, I will keep you all posted on my progress. My food should be here next week and then the fun begins. In the meantime, I'm going out for Mexican food and a farewell Cadillac Margarita. Its going to be a while before I see those things again. Wish me luck!!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, nice that they are doing this free month for you. I'm interested to see the results of your trial month.
Have fun!

Unknown said...

Actually, Jenny Craig is one of the only weight loss programs that IS actually proven to work. Published results from prestigious medical journals like Obesity’s April 2007 report (http://www.jennycraig.com/assets/documents/corporate/RandomizedTrial_1yr.pdf) or this article by the Cooper Institute (http://www.jennycraig.com/assets/documents/corporate/IJOFinleyRetrospectivesArticle.pdf) go a lot further than ad hoc skeptics throwing stones. Jenny Craig encourages lifestyle changes, rather than a diet, that its users can live with for greater health.

Unknown said...

Mary is a spammer !!!!
Jenny Fake didn't offer you anything...nutrisystem did...love how she has to spam her way into a conversation that has nothing to do with comparisons or asking for opinions on validity--watch out bloggers--I am sure Mary has more spam for all of us--areAmway and Herbalife spam next ?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

thecabinet, I am not a spammer. Yes I work with Jenny Craig, but merely to listen what people are talking about online, and to direct them to places where they can find more information if it seems like they need or would like it. Or if they are currently on Jenny Craig, to offer encouragement.