September 4, 2007

Living single.....

Wouldn't it be great if the first person you fell in love with ended up being Mr. Right?? You never had to date, you never had to play games, you just clicked and everything was perfect until death due you part.....well, lets have a reality check on that one. Most people now days end up in multiple relationships, dating countless guys, and still find themselves asking.."Is this what it's really all about?" What did the people due back in the day that we don't do today?? Why is the divorce rate so high now and divorce was never even thought of back then?? Was it because the so called "Good Wife" said nothing and did everything?? She let her happiness take a back seat and tried to convince herself that life was perfect?? Women today want more. We work and we multi task like no generation before us. We take our kids to their sporting events, help them with homework, do the shopping and the cooking, do the yard work, take classes at night to better ourselves, and manage to keep a halfway clean house (most of the time). At the end of the day, we find little time for ourselves. Yet, are we happier than the women that came before us?? I, for one, don't get it. I think we have come a long way in our independence but I have yet to determine if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Id love to find the perfect guy to make my life complete, but what am I saying with that statement? That I need a man to complete me?? I don't think so...its nice to have someone to take care of you once in a while and to tell you everything is going to be OK...however, I have only been in a couple relationships where I actually felt that way. What happened to the men from the past?? The ones that took care of their wives?? Not only have women progressed but men have changed too....but not for the better. I wish I knew what happened. Is there something that we need to teach our sons to bring back yesteryear?? Hmmmmmm....if only I had the answer to that one. That, my friends, is the question of the decade....this decade because something has DEFINITELY been lost in the translation.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the tv show MAD MEN ? your post reminded me of that show " the good wife" haha I'm far from the good wife here. I definitely do not take the backseat as I think no one should!