September 2, 2007

Online Dating Services..Just do it!!

I know that most of you have heard of Eharmony and Match.com because of the amount of advertisement they have on T.V. but there are so many more sites to consider when choosing an online dating service. Most of them cover a wide variety of states. Here are a few sites that you don't hear too much about but have been rated very good by singles:

Perfect Match.Com: This site is rapidly growing in popularity thanks to recent movie and TV attention and publicity. It was featured in NBC's Science of Love, Must Love Dogs and on the Dr. Phil Show.

Great Expectations: This service gets right to the point. It requests a zip code and then asks that you register by filling out a profile if the service is available in your area. It's quick and easy. This service has been around for many years and reports high success rates. A great choice if you live in one of the large cities where it's currently available.

Yahoo Personals: This site has fast searches with plenty of matches. It also offers a full 7 day free trial so you can get a better feel before committing to anything. It has over 9 million members with profiles. It's very easy to get started and hard to beat if you're looking for lots of photos and a fast match.

Matchmaker: This service has a fair sized US presence and is also has a growing international membership. Members sometimes get messages from outside their country. This site was one of the early online dating pioneers. It has shifted its focus to an older audience than some of the other top online dating sites.

What do you have to lose?? They all have photos so its not like you're going in blind. Alot of single parents use these as an alternative, especially when they have baby sitting issues and can't go out on a regular basis or if they don't have many single friends to go out with. If a man is putting money into a site to find someone he is usually pretty serious about a relationship. All of the personals have specifics about what they are looking for in a mate and what they aren't. I suggest you read these before choosing someone that you want to get to know. For example, if the guy doesn't like kids, I wouldn't chose him as a someone you would want to pursue. These services charge money but its alot less than a Friday night out at a bar with friends (trust me, I spent WAY too much money last night going out with friends). I know back in the day, finding someone online was unacceptable and people made you feel crazy for even doing it. Now, its the norm....


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


3 comments:

MommasWorld said...

My sister signed up for Eharmony and kept getting men who are not religious and so out of her specifications she let that membership expire.

She joined Match.com and has the same experience but for some reason wants to stick it out for a year. Maybe it was a membership sign up thing.

Anyway, she snuckered me into one of her other sign up dating groups so she was not "alone" in it. I am really not ready to date or bring anyone in to my life but I out there supporting her. At least I can view the guys she is talking about.

I maybe too set in my ways now. I just cannot fathom having someone else to consult with on my comings and goings.

Anonymous said...

You cant trust guys on any of the sites...haha..
To the comment above she should try www.datearichguy.com haha then you know for sure what you are getting.

Anonymous said...

I dated both on sugardaddy and millionairemat. On my personal opinion, I think the latter one is better. There are many members. And I met my match there. By the way, the blog there is very active. It's a important to get more information about your dreaming person. lol...... just try it now. Good luck!
http://www.millionairematch.com/i/Blog