November 15, 2007

TT #37


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
13 inspirational quotes

1. "It matters not Who you love, Where you love, Why you love, When you love, Or how you love, It matters only that you love." John Lennon.

2. "Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?" Frank Scully.

3. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage." Lao Tzu.

4. "Many people think that by hoarding money they are gaining safety for themselves. If money is your ONLY hope for independence, you will never have it.The only real security that a person can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability. Without these qualities, money is practically useless." Henry Ford.

5. "One has to abandon altogether the search for security, and reach out to the risk of living with both arms. One has to court doubt and darkness as the cost of knowing." Morris L. West.

6. "One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way.We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety." Deepak Chopra.

7. "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I... I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

8. "Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." Ronald E. Osborn.

9. "It’s best not to get too excited or too depressed by the ups and downs of life." Dalai Lama.

10. "He who would be serene and pure needs but one thing, detachment." Meister Eckhart.

11. "The bird of paradise alights only on the hand that does not grasp." John Berry.

12. "Mastery does not come from dabbling. We have to be prepared to pay the price. We need to have the sustained enthusiasm that motivates us to give our best." Eknath Easwaran.

13. Genius is only the power of making continuous efforts." Elbert Hubbard.


45 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I love inspirational quotes. These were all fantastic, but I puffy heart the Robert Frost classic. Great list Lori!

SandyCarlson said...

Two and 13 combined are what holds friends together, I think!

Anonymous said...

Some of those are very thought provoking. I'm ashamed to admit i don't recognize half the names those quotes are attributed to.

jenn said...

I liked #6 the best.
Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Happy TT...Nice list of Quotes and what a great TT...I also liked #6

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Lori, those are fantastic. I needed that tonight. Thanks.

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Love your list! They are all so good. They really make you think. Thanks for sharing them. Happy TT.

Addicted to crafting said...

Very very cool!!!

Mine's up!!!

pussreboots said...

Nice list. Happy TT.

Jenny McB said...

I like 13's like this, because I get read quotes that I haven't seen in a awhile or new ones that give me a reason to think.

I enjoyed #2!

Lori said...

Well done! My favorite is #12, but #11 is a close second. Thanks for making me stop and think.

Anonymous said...

Such lovely inspiring quotes to live by.

Unknown said...

OK--I see how you are...You don't want to listen to the Dalai Lama-but-you can handle a quick sound byte....

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
Dalai Lama

Anonymous said...

Love the John Lennon quote! Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

Serina Hope said...

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage." Lao Tzu.
This is one to live by. Great list. Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Every one of these was terrific!

thanks for such an inspiring TT list. I haven't heard most of these before...

Have a great weekend and thansk for comign by my blog!

Candy

Candy Minx said...

testing testing oops my last comment didn't work..

Anonymous said...

Hehe I'm so stealing some of these now. I absolutely love inspirational quotes. Some quotes just seem to be able to sum up things you feel and put you back on track. I love your picks though. Especially 1,4, and 9. Thank you so much for adding on to my collection of some great quotes.

But also thank you for stopping by Happy TT

Raggedy said...

Beautiful quotes!!
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

The Gal Herself said...

Wow! These are all wonderful but #3 stopped me dead in my tracks. So true, and stated so beautifully! (Thanks for visiting my TT)

Anonymous said...

Great!

Thanks for stopping by. Blessings!

Natalie said...

That's a great collection of quotes!

Anonymous said...

Great quotes. Definitely lifted my spirits. :D

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is the third list of quotes I've seen today that had at least one I hadn't heard before and that really moved me. This time it's the Meister Eckhart one. I've been thinking a lot lately about the importance of detachment in living a good life.

*Rae* said...

Great list I really liked # 1,3,7 & 9 Happy TT thanks for sharing these quotes

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I always love when others help me add to my quote collection.

#3 by Lao Tzu is one I was blessed to encounter many years ago and carry with me all this time.

The same is true of #1, #6 and #7, but Tzu held a special place, especially when paired with the Lennon quote.

My favorite new one was #2. I had to print that one out to mark it in memory.

Great list!

Happy TT :)

~X

Hootin Anni said...

Oh wow....terrific 13. Y'know, I never thought of this, but the second one makes a heckuva lotta sense to me!

Anonymous said...

Inspirational quotes are great things to collect. One of my favourites is 'If adventures do not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad' Jane Austen. Great TT!

Emmyrose said...

such inspirational quotes, thanks for sharing my dear & sorry for not commenting on your WW, I love mm's

tc :)

Michelle said...

I love the Deepak Chopra one. Happy TT!

Janet said...

I love #2!!!

Darla said...

These are great quotes, and so true! Thanks!

Mandy said...

Excellent list! I'm a quote junkie and this was right up my ally! Thanks!

Yuriko said...

Very inspirational! Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this list! I'm going to have to copy and save it so I can read it again later. Very true quotes! Have a great weekend!

tommie said...

Love #2, what a great attitude to have.

Malcolm said...

I really liked the ones by Lennon, Scully, Ford and the Dalai Lama.

impwork said...

Like the Henry Ford quote :-)

amanda rae said...

some of those quotes were exactly what i needed to read right now.

excellent list!

Harris Channing said...

Great thought provoking list. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Great quotes..thanks for sharing..

katherine. said...

love most of them....not so sure about 9...smile.

Kate said...

Very wise. thanks.

Susan Demeter said...

Awesome list! I will definitely check out the book you recommended as well. Happy belated TT and thank you so much for stopping by! :)

Tink said...

Great quotes! I added several to my quotes booklet.
Thanks for visiting my black panther TT!