August 25, 2008

Does absence make the heart grow fonder?

They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder, or is that absence makes the eyes go wander? Out of site, out of mind?? When you are in a relationship but never see each other, is that a good thing or a bad thing? Does it make your time together more precious? Id like to think so. Or, does it help you get use to being apart? I don't know the answer to that. The man that I share my life and bed with works nights, while I work days. I see him sleeping in the morning and he comes to bed while I'm sleeping at night. We talk on the phone and leave notes to one another but only really get time together on the weekends. I would imagine if you are use to living alone and just moved in with someone, these would be the ideal conditions. Its still like you're living alone with one exception, your not. I don't make a big deal out of it because there is nothing neither of us can do to change the way things are at the moment, I was just curious if anyone else could relate to my situation? How do you cope with not eating dinner together, no sex until Friday, and very limited quality time? There is some serious sex going on during the weekend but Monday thru Friday, you're celibate. I will say there are good points and bad points to a situation like this. I can defuse at my own pace when I get home without worrying about pleasing someone else, but it sure is nice to have someone rub your shoulders after a long day and make you dinner when you're too tired. Analyzing this wasn't my main objective, I wanted to see if someone had any ideas to help it feel more like a relationship then two ships that pass in the night? I think we do alot to keep it alive but is there something we're missing?

No comments: