August 10, 2008

Rebound

Life on the rebound can be pretty tough. Not only for the person thats actually rebounding, but for their potential partner. Most people that venture into these types of relationships (well, the one night standee's) have no idea that the person they've met is on the rebound. They are looking for their sole mate and are unaware of the baggage you may be carrying around. Dont get me wrong, a night of sex with a complete stranger can be healing to some because its like putting a bandaide on a broken heart. On the flip side, it can also make you feel worse because you're no longer with the person you want to be with. At the end of the night, you're going home to an empty house and the memories are still there. Be honest. That way, everyone knows where they stand. Sex wont cure a broken heart but it may make you feel better. Does that seem shallow? I know many people have done it, myself included, so Im speaking as the voice of experience. Its a catch 22 though. Love is love. We cant choose who we fall in love with just like we have no control over the amount of time it takes to mend our hearts. Be careful. If you go from one person to the next, you never really give yourself time to heal. It can work out but it usually doesnt. I met my second husband the night I left my first. I wasnt looking and it ended up OK. We got married and had 2 wonderful children together. I think it was because I was in a different frame of mind. Although, we are now currently divorced but that was 7 years later. I think I was ready to move on...obviously. As a matter of fact, I wouldnt even consider my second husband to be a rebound even though the time frame says he was. Your heart is fragile. If you play with your emotions, you might end up worse than you were before you ventured into Rebound Land. Know yourself and except how you feel. What works for one doesnt necessarily work for all. Sometimes, mourning is the only real way to move on.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


1 comment:

Addicted to crafting said...

((((((((lori)))))))

Jope you are well