August 11, 2008

Looking for a job

I hate to admit it, but the choice I made almost 6 months ago to switch jobs was a mistake. Now, I'm back on the job market again. Its so hard having to work in an environment where you are really unhappy. Looking for a job is a tedious task but one I am forced to do just to keep my sanity. As a single parent, you have to work. I only get $300 a month from child support, thanks to Supportkids, and that wont pay my bills. Everyday it takes everything I have just to go to work, and when the day is done, I'm so tired and stressed out I can hardly function. Why does it have to be this way? I was happy at my other job until they decided to change my hours and put a complete idiot in charge of our department. Its amazing how one person can mess with your whole life. You go from loving your job to finding another one.

I am a very organized person, that's how I function. At the place I work at now, Oh my God...its like nothing I have ever seen before. No task is ever completed. You have 10 things going at one time and you don't know whether you are coming or going. If the labor department came into this company and seen the way people are treated and what they are forced to endure secondary to a head strong manager, they would shut the place down and fine them up the wazoo. Everyone there complains on a daily basis about the working conditions. The Director they hired a few months ago quit without notice. I just want to find a wonderful job making decent money at someplace that I like to work. Better yet, I need to win the lotto!! I am going to be collecting a small inheritance in a month. Should I quit my job and take a few months to find another? What do you think? That doesn't sound like a responsible thing to do but I'm running out of mental capacity to deal with the bullshit. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Addicted to crafting said...

you are in my thoughts and prayers Lori.