November 5, 2008

Birthday blues

My birthday is November 6th. For as long as I can remember, it’s always been a time of grief for me. Why? I don’t know. I have had people I love very much die this time of year so I always thought that was the answer. Well, this year I’m not depressed. I don’t know if it’s the Flaxseed oil I’ve been taking or the Nutrisystems diet I have been on, but I actually feel good. Turning 42 isn’t the end of the world. Ya, I would love to be 10 years younger but I’m not. I have gained a lot of wisdom in my years so the gray that I cover up every 6 weeks is earned. Every strand. As long as there is Clairol though, I will never let is grow out. Heck, I don’t even remember the color of my hair. I think its dark auburn but when I look at the roots, it’s some awful brown color. Yuck!! Plastic surgery isn’t something I would consider at this stage of the game. I have oily skin; therefore, I don’t have wrinkles. Not yet anyway. People tell me all the time they can’t believe I have a 20 year old in the military. So, I will take that as a compliment. And of course, I am 11 months younger that DBF Michael. That is something that will NEVER change. I have my own home, a man that loves me, a wonderful family, 2 awesome kids, and a job I no longer hate. I have a lot to be thankful for. This year, although I won’t be eating my traditional birthday cake because it’s not on my diet, I will embrace my life and eat my Nutrisystems dinner with a smile. Life is good.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Yay! Have a happy!

Mia Celeste said...

I'm a big believer in Omega fatty acids. Hope your birthday's a good day for you.

Susan Demeter said...

Happy birthday! My daughter's birthday is tomorrow :) Hope your day is a good one :)

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Well, Happy Birthday! So good that you are feeling positive for this birthday.

Patsy said...

I would sing, but you'd just as soon I didn't. But Happy Birthday!! And 42 is young --- believe me at 59 I'm not sure even the Clairol is keeping up :)

SandyCarlson said...

Happy birthday. I hope November is kind to you. I know about the B'day blues. They get me in December! Good luck with Nutrisystems, too. God bless.

Nicholas said...

Happy Birthday! x