November 16, 2008

Boob jobs

October was breast cancer awareness month. Considering I'm in the medical field, cancer is a big part of my world. That being said, lets talk about boobs and their significance because there are a few things I don't understand. First of all, why do you need them (boobs) to feel like a woman? We are all unique, beautiful people that shouldnt be judged merely by whether we have them or not. And, what is the importance of the size? OK, if you ask a man, you know he will say the bigger, the better. Of course, Ive also heard that more than a mouthful is a waste. Teenagers and woman all over the world are getting breast enhancements. Why? I had a very close friend of mine (who had a boob job) tell me I would never understand because I'm not flat chested. Do women do it to attract men? And if that's true, why would you want a man that is only interested in the size of your breasts?

The thought of putting something inside my body that was foreign (didn't belong there), scares the crap out of me. You hear horror stories all the time about botched surgeries and women being disfigured for life. Was it worth it? Do you feel so poorly about yourself that you have a need to take that type of risk? Don't get me wrong, I think a boob lift is a good thing. With that type of surgery, they do modifications to make you perky again. However, they use your own parts. After having children, this isn't a bad thing. Did you know that women who have breast enhancements have to go back after 10 years to get them done again? The surgery isn't an easy one. Ive seen many women in severe post operative pain. Its become a fad, and alot of women are jumping on the band wagon. Do your homework. If this is something you cant live without, make sure the surgeon is experienced and check their references. Then ask yourself, are you doing it for you or for someone else? And men, is it really that important? Would you base your love for a woman on the size of her breasts? Id really like to know.

No comments: