January 5, 2009

Are bad boys really bad for you?

Why are most women attracted to the motorcycle types, who happen to be dirty and grungy looking men that their mothers and fathers have told them not to get involved with? Is it because of these men’s inherently good looks, or their bad boy quality? Maybe its a simple case of bad psychology because women really don't know what’s good for them. Ya, could be. Believe it or not, there is a certain aura that bad boys exude that some women find hopelessly irresistible. I am one of them. Women love the little bad things found in men. It makes them a challenge. Some simply love the drama. A relationship with bad boys gets most women’s juices flowing. A date with them is unpredictable. One minute they may be out on a nice cozy dinner, the next minute they may be in a dark street corner making out. Meanwhile, a date with a clean cut man could be nice, simple, conventional and unsurprising. What follows after a quiet dinner may be a talk, and then some more talk, and a walk. Comfortable, safe and sometimes it might even be romantic. Although some find such a scenario boring.

Every woman has a preference in men. Some like them tall, short, stocky, sweet, funny, bald, long hair, whatever. It takes all kinds. I have always been attracted to bad boys. Does that make them bad for you? I guess it all depends on how bad they really are. I like them to look bad but not to actually be "bad". I love long hair but it doesn't suit all men. My kids think its funny because they are both clean cut and Ive always made sure their hair was trimmed short. That's different though, they are my kids. There is something about a man in black with long hair that makes me gitty inside. Add a sense of humor and the ability to treat a woman like a lady and I am set. Will I think that in 10 years? Who knows. Ive been attracted to the same type of guy all my life. I have dated clean cut men. There is nothing wrong with that but a man in a suit does nothing for me unless its my man. Although, just because a mans clean cut and wears a suit doesn't make him good. Look at all the politicians that have cheated on their wives. My conclusion, you cant judge a book by its cover. You need to read a few pages before you know if your interested. Does that make sense?

No comments: