January 11, 2009

New Years Resolutions

As most of you know, I started my New Years resolution back in October. That's when I began the Nutrisystems diet, which was just in time for the holidays. I'm not going to lie, it hasn't been easy but the results are what really count. What is it that say???"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." And its true. I was surrounded by cookies, candy, potluck meals, Thanksgiving and Christmas feasts and I still made the right choices. I think its all about choices and you have to be right mentally for this to work. Once you've reached the point that you are tired of the way you look, it's time to do something about it. In my case, Divorce 360 got me started and I continued with the program. Every year people start New Years resolutions and by February, they have given up. I think calling it a resolution is almost a set up for failure. How many people actually succeed when they start anything new at the beginning of the year?

One of my biggest inspirations is watching the Biggest Loser. Every week I see those people exercise and eat right, in the end, they have massive results. During the show, they give you tips to help you make the right choices. Its a win-win situation. I originally gained my weight when I got pregnant the first time. That was almost 21 years ago. I only got down close to my starting weight once in that time. I ended up gaining it back because I had no support system with the man that was in my life at the time. He was very jealous and possessive. Having other men look at me drove him crazy. So, I gained it all back and then some. Anyone can change. You have to be ready because if you're not, you will never win. I feel so much better about myself and its made me a happier person.

I encourage anyone that is debating whether they should either try Nutrisystems or lose weight in general, make sure your mind is in the right place. Diets are meant to be followed and if you cheat, you're right back to square one. Who are you hurting with that anyway? No one but yourself. I have been an inspiration to some and that makes me feel good. Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today. If I can do it, anyone can! By the way, I'm down 30 pounds in 3 months. It works.


Photobucket

No comments: